Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Santana Row

It has come time to tell you about my favorite place to this point.  I believe I have mentioned it in the some of the older posts, but I feel that it should be given the full credit it deserves.  It is a place where the young turks strut their stuff and the well-to-do mingle and be seen.  A place where there are Aston Martins parked outside of the Tesla shop.

For this yo-yo who loves to "people watch", it is simply a heavenly place to be.  I am talking about Santana Row in San Jose.

To be honest, it is a lovely little three-block shopping and living center.  I have always liked the notion of having apartment complexes on top of a shopping district.  It seems so... well, cosmopolitan.

There are lots of higher end clothing stores and a couple of fun knick-knack shops like the stationary store MaiDo, a Japanese stationary store that (quite frankly) has some wonderful toys and craft items.  Well worth a peruse...

There are also a lot of wonderful restaurants there as well (you know me and food...).  My current favorite is a place called the Left Bank Brasserie.  It has wonderful outdoor cafe seating and the food (while pricey) is great.  But should also mention Pizza Antica which has great pizza, but even greater salads and served with pizza crust as bread.  

There are also a number of "club" like establishments that folks my age migrate away from after about eight when the aforementioned young turks start to come out.  We shuffle out to the street muttering under our breath about how "we could not hear ourselves think in there...".  Yes, people my age REALLY do that.  But we generally migrate over to the outdoor wine bars or the tequila bar.  (We do find our way...and it is quieter there)

No comments:

Post a Comment